Data Protection Policy
The Vulval Clinic abides by the key principles identified by the Data Protection Act of 1998. These are:
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which it is being processed.
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully..
- Personal data shall be accurate and where necessary kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than necessary.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this act.
We keep records regarding the care and any treatment we provide. We operate a paperless system so any paper reports or results received will be shredded through the hospital confidential waste system once they have been recorded on your file. We will e mail you a copy of all clinic correspondence and will request a secure e mail address from your GP so that we can forward them a copy of the correspondence. If you are referred to another health professional, we will seek your consent to provide them with your health details.